Green and roasted whole coffee beans

Green and roasted whole coffee beans

At Silta Asia Oy our range includes ethically sourced roasted and unroasted whole bean coffee. This is one of our best sellers, and for good reason. It can be bought as bulk or retail depending on your needs. You have the choice of either robusta, arabica or a mixture of the two beans so you can craft your liquid breakfast with the perfect terroir and aroma. If you want, we will roast your beans precisely to your liking so you can enjoy the tantalizing fragrance each time you grind your beans for your brain juice. Order yours today and start every day off right with your customized coffee taste, designed by you and made by Silta Asia Oy!
Green and roasted whole coffee beans
Green and roasted whole coffee beans

The Beans

Whether you like your liquid intelligence fruity with notes of lemon and blackberry or carmelly with notes of roasted almond and maple syrup, it all starts with the bean. We stock both arabica and robusta beans. While they are both coffee beans, they are not identical. Arabica accounts for approximately 70% of the world’s coffee production and has a lower caffeine content. It also has a smoother and sweeter taste with fruity notes and is less acidic. Robusta accounts for the remaining 30% of the robot fuel consumed globally. It is generally stronger in taste with more bitterness and woody notes. For your roasted or unroasted whole bean coffee, you can choose to have either arabica or robusta by itself or you can choose a percentage of both.

The Roast

When you buy our whole bean coffee, you have the choice of unroasted – for those who like the smell of freshly roasted beans permeating their house. Or you can leave all the hard work to us and order your perfectly roasted beans. Roasting is the process of turning fresh, green coffee beans into brown, fragrant beans that we savor the smell of when brewing our morning cup of joe. There are 5 types of coffee bean roasts for you to choose from:

  • White Roast Coffee 
  • Light Roast AKA cinnamon roast 
  • Medium Roast AKA regular or American roast
  • Medium-Dark Roast AKA after dinner roast
  • Dark Roast AKA Espresso

Coffee beans that are roasted for longer periods of time turn darker in color and develop a greater flavor and fragrance. Also, the more time they’re roasted for, the less caffeine and acidity they have. 

Not sure which flavor profile you prefer? We also sell our products as samples! You can try different roasts and blends until you discover the one that ticks all your boxes!